This recipe makes ‘boats’ out of zucchini sliced into halves and fills them with a tuna & salsa combine that’s full of protein and taste. They’re an excellent wholesome meal that’s additionally fast and straightforward—excellent for throwing collectively at quick discover or getting ready prematurely and storing within the fridge. The recent and tangy taste of zucchini blends splendidly with the savory and spiced Mexican-inspired tastes of the tuna filling, topped off fantastically with some recent herbs and diced avocado.
Zucchini is a well-loved staple of the keto food regimen, wealthy in a number of antioxidants and vital vitamins whereas additionally boasting low energy, fats, and sugar. It’s additionally very versatile—it may be fried, baked, diced, and become noodles—and to not point out tender and scrumptious. This recipe may have you slice your zucchinis in half and scoop out their facilities, making them prepared for the wealthy tuna and salsa filling.
Tuna is a diet powerhouse. Full to the brim with protein, Nutritional vitamins B12 and D, and Omega-3 fatty acids, tuna has the potential to decrease your danger of coronary heart illness, forestall imaginative and prescient issues, cut back most cancers danger, and help in weight reduction. Mixed with salsa and diced pepper, this tuna combine will make for an explosion of diet and taste.
After 15-20 minutes within the oven, your zucchini boats might be fantastically tender and able to go. Don’t have sufficient time to cook dinner tomorrow night? Prep your zucchini and tuna individually the night time earlier than, then throw them within the oven for a fast and scrumptious meal, even if you’re drained. Prime with diced avocado, pink onion, and cilantro for the proper recent end to this savory masterpiece, and serve!
Yields 2 servings of Keto Tuna Stuffed Zucchini
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium pink bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounce canned tuna
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to style
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup recent cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoon pink onion, minced
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
1. Measure out and put together the entire substances. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Rub avocado oil on a baking sheet.
3. In a frying pan over medium warmth, add the avocado oil. Add within the pepper, canned tuna (drain a lot of the water out of the tuna), and salsa. Stir to mix properly.
4. Chop the ends of the zucchini off and discard. Lower lengthwise and core out the within of the zucchini. Place the zucchini onto the baking sheet.
5. Spoon the tuna salsa combination into the zucchinis evenly.
6. Bake within the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
7. Make the avocado salsa by combining the cubed avocado, chopped cilantro, pink onion, and lime juice. Stir to mix properly.
8. Prime the zucchini boats with the avocado salsa. Serve and luxuriate in!
This makes a complete of two servings of Keto Tuna Stuffed Zucchini. Every serving comes out to be 461 energy, 29.4g fats, 10g internet carbs, and 31.4g protein.
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 medium pink bell pepper||18||0.2||3.5||1.2||2.3||0.6|
|8.00 ounce canned tuna||290||6.7||0||0||0||53.6|
|0.50 cup salsa||40||0||8||4||4||0|
|2.00 medium zucchini||65||2||11.7||4.3||7.3||5.0|
|0.25 teaspoon cumin||2||0.1||0.2||0.1||0.2||0.1|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 small avocado||251||23.1||13||10.2||2.8||2.9|
|0.25 cup recent cilantro||1||0||0.2||0.1||0||0.1|
|3.00 tablespoon pink onion||13||0.1||3.1||0.4||2.6||0.4|
|2.00 teaspoon lime juice||3||0||0.9||0||0.8||0|
|Per Serving (/2)||461||29.4||20.2||10.2||10||31.4|